Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Ask the expert...

There are many 'old wives tales' and myths floating around the internet about elective 3D ultrasounds. The web is full of bad advice and misinformation on the subject. I'm Holly Poe, and I'm a registered diagnostic imaging professional with twenty years experience in obstetrical and vascular ultrasound. I discovered very early in my career that the task of obtaining clinical indications by ultrasound was a difficult one at best. Ultrasound requires a thorough understanding of the human anatomy, a mastery of the physics of sound, and lots and lots of supervised practice. Ultrasound is widely considered to be the most operator dependent medical imaging modality used in clinical practice today, and while the professionals may make it look easy, its anything but. I've seen over fifty thousand babies in my career and I love it as much today as I did when I first started. Its a feeling that never goes away; that first glimpse of a beautiful baby. I founded Small Wonders Imaging because I love what I do. On this blog I will do my best to dispel the many ultrasound myths and correct the misinformation that has become so prevalent on the subject. If you have questions, I'll be happy to answer them. Whats the best gestational time? Should I have caffeine? Can I bring family and friends? How long is the session, can I get more time?

We'll cover all of these and more. Stick around. The answers might surprise you...

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment